Friday, October 30, 2009

Faux Fur...For Real?


I like fur. I like real fur. There I said it.  More on my "guilty" pleasure after the jump.
I like real fur, but I can't afford real fur.  I won't even wear the one real fur that I do own. I had been "bitch-slapped" by my conscience to put away my suede,  fox-trimmed jacket with the fringe sleeves, for fear of having to beat down some animal rights fanatic trying to throw paint on it.  I bought this jacket in 1990 as a college graduation present to myself and I believe that I have worn it seven times! WTH? Look at this jacket! It's beautiful! And I won't wear it? Am I crazy?!  Politically correct fur has taken over the industry, but designers are not running scared.  Haute couture houses still have some of the fiercest furs in their showrooms and folks are buying them; so I shouldn't be "scurred" to strut down the street in my real fur.   Ooh, I know what I could do! I could wear my real fur for "special occasions and wear my PC fur during everyday, normal people life; So, for just one night here and there, I can feel like a movie star (or an overrated reality star, I don't care which!)

No comments:

Post a Comment