Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is Real Fur Making a Comeback?!



Ok. Which is it? Is real fur in? Or is it out? Is it wrong? Or is it right? I am a little confused as to what I should think regarding the current resurgence of real fur on the runways.  Some months back, I wrote about my fur jacket that I've owned since the early 1990's.  I was very proud to buy that fox-trimmed suede jacket with my own money. I wasn't proud that PETA loving lunatics were waiting around every corner to throw paint on my said jacket; I mean, you cannot mess over a sisters clothes like that! So, I stopped wearing it. The runways stopped showing them on their emaciated models, and fashion magazines didn't feature them in spreads anymore.  It was as if wearing the pelt of a live animal was forbidden in the fashion world for several years.  But hold on, wait a minute! Secretly, designers began to throw a piece of fur accessory in here and there - but was it real or faux?

Faux fur designers are now all the rage and I love it! The best part is, nobody has to see that horrible PETA video when they wear the designs.  Top designers such as Karl Lagerfeld and Georgio Armani are singing the praises of faux fur, because you can't tell the difference between it and real fur! Who knew the reasons most designers did not use faux fur in their fashions was because of the poor quality? Now, the materials and the stitching used makes it almost impossible to tell that the fur isn't real.  There also seems to be an acceptance of "vintage fur" as opposed to "new fur".  Yeah...an old pelt didn't suffer as much as a young pelt, right?! Ok. Well, until the production of faux fur outweighs the production of real fur, I don't think the public will be all that accepting of using real fur in designs.

Check out the following links for more on faux fur materials:http://ind.pn/dL1MCO  and http://bit.ly/gN3gPm

No comments:

Post a Comment